Spaghetti Aglio e Olio, Inspired with simplicity

Spaghetti aglio e olio is Italian for "spaghetti with garlic and oil", which is a traditional pasta dish that comes from Naples.

Quite simple. Quite delicious. 



I had to make do with what was in the pantry and spaghetti was what I saw first.


Pasta would always be a primary choice because I find it quite easy to cook and work with.

'twas a good thing I was stocked with garlic and olive oil.

I boiled, according to instructions, the pasta but I did not quite follow it because I knew that the dish that I'd be doing would require tossing the pasta in heat more later. I cut out probably a minute or two. Then let it rest.

While the pasta was boiling, I minced up some garlic and started to lightly heat them up in a pan with a generous amount of oil, sort of like infusing the oil slowly with that garlicky flavor. I used low heat on this one as I was being careful not to burn the garlic. Cooking it too much would result in a bittery taste and I wouldn't want that.

All in perfect timing, I scooped up a serving of pasta for myself and tossed it in the pan with the garlic. I used quite a lottle (It's like a little, but a lot) of parmesan as that'd help the pasta come together and make it a tad bit creamy and cheesy in a very special and awesome way that it'd just melt your heart away on the first bite.

I had a few dill lying around so I garnished the dish with it and the bitterness and warmth of the dill helped with the flavor along with a tiny splash of calamansi, since we're Filipino, sprinkled a little dried red pepper flakes for that kick and it all jammed well together.

Now, I know by this time your mouth is drooling and imagining what this would taste like.


Here are some online recipes to get you going:

Ina Garten is an awesome chef and I just love her warm and home-y recipeshttp://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/spaghetti-aglio-e-olio-recipe-2043225

Are you serious? You better behttp://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2016/02/spaghetti-aglio-olio-recipe.html

Comments